Privacy and GDPR Sinnis Motorcycles and Scooters–
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data Sinnis collects from you when using our website, through our interactions with you and through our products, also how we use that data. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
What we collect, how we collect it and what we do with the data we gather–
Sinnis collects data to operate effectively and provide the best experience to you when using our site. We require this information and process it to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Sinnis do not collect any sensitive data about our users. You provide some of this data directly when using our site and this is outlined below:
- Communication Data: includes any data that you send to us through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging and posting or any other communication. We process this information for the purposes of communicating with you and for record keeping. Our lawful ground for processing this data, is our legitimate interest to reply to communications sent to us and to keep records.
- Customer Data: includes data referring to any purchases of goods from the Parts section of our site when providing your name, billing and delivery address, email address, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods you have purchased, contact you about your order and to keep records of these transactions. Our lawful ground for processing your information is the contract between you and ourselves. We take the steps at your request to enter into such a contract, by delivering the goods you have ordered and for Sinnis Parts department to contact you regarding your order.
- Marketing data: we collect marketing data from our email signup when you subscribe to our emailing list. We process this data to communicate marketing emails to you so you can partake in any giveaways, competitions and have tailored marketing for you. Our lawful basis for processing your information is consent, by completing the subscription form thus giving us permission to use your information to specifically email marketing emails to you. You can always unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of all marketing emails.
- We use all data (customer, communication and marketing data) to deliver relevant information to you through our website and marketing through advertisements, also to measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We process this data under our grounds of legitimate interest to continue to develop our business.
- We receive data from third parties including; Google Analytics and Facebook for analytics and for tracking the way you use our website.
To see the cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
Who we share your information with
Sinnis only share information in the following way;
- The Sinnis Parts department are notified of dealer/customer orders and contact you to complete your order.
- Delivery companies for dealer/customer order fulfilment.
- Data is shared with our email client MailChimp, the information provided here is your name, email address and emailing preferences.
We do not allow other companies to collect your personal data through online services unless it is needed to provide a service you requested. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Disclosing of personal information
In certain instances we may need to disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so – If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so – if consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing.
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure to your data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We also store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers and backup servers plus any details of financial transactions entered via our website. We allow access to your information to our employees who need to know such data because of business processing, for example when fulfilling a parts order. We have procedures in place to act on suspected breaches to your personal data and to notify you if legally required to.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic, or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Sinnis website however.
The cookies we use are:
- A cookie to ask if you accept to us using cookies
- Tracking cookies for Google Analytics and Facebook
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other such sites, therefore such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Sinnis retains personal data for as long as it is necessary to provide you with products and fulfil transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary, we will hold data from our website for up to 7 years. After this period of no further action or processing of that data, it will be erased from our database. However these retention periods may be extended due to a legal obligation or resolving a dispute.
Your Individual Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, you have multiple rights to your data as a user:
- You can request a copy of the personal information we have about you.
- Have any inaccuracies contained therein corrected.
- Have your personal data erased.
- Have a restriction placed upon our processing of your data.
- Object to any processing activities you may be subject to by us.
- To request your data provided to another processor if you so wish (data portability).
You can request to any of your rights by using the contact section below via a subject access request. It is free to access your personal data, however in the event of a request being clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee. We may also refuse to comply with your request under these circumstances. We can also request further information from you to confirm your identity as we take the necessary security measures to protect personal data, so that it is not disclosed publicly. We may also under certain circumstances contact you for further information in relation to your request to aid our response.
Sinnis will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement or in how we will use your personal data, we will notify you by directly sending you a notification via email. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how Sinnis is protecting your information.
To contact us about your information and data we hold, you can contact our dedicated department to data information on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our full contact details are:
Ocean View Business Park